We took on a new challenge for the Mission of China to the EU during the European Week of Sport. Our mission: breaking new ground to promote cultural exchange between China and Europe. Not the traditional way, but with an innovative mindset!
How did we realise this?
We designed and implemented the complete concept of the China-EU Sports Day together with our most trusted partners. We used new technologies and a creative angle on traditional concepts to come up with an innovative event. Right in the heart of Europe, on the Schuman Roundabout, we collaborated with Chinese and European talents to offer the best immersive activities about China to the European public!
We worked together with the audio-visual production company Dirty Monitor to set up an innovative Black Box of 81m²! This is a conceptualisation of virtual reality, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in a gigantic 3D 360° lightshow in a virtual Temple of Heaven. To quite literally set the tone of the event, Atlas teamed up with Kid Noize, a famous Belgian DJ. He produced a creative remix of traditional Chinese music for this occasion. In total, more than 150 artists were gathered throughout the day to initiate the public to Chinese cultural practices.
To boost the visibility of the event, as well as in Europe as in China, we worked on a solid communication campaign on top of all the logistics for the event. Where the European press gathered to experience the festivities and interview the visitors, 3 Chinese influencers from the Chinese platform BiliBili were invited to livestream the event to their Chinese followers. They also entertain the visitors on-site with beautiful performances! Even after the event, their vlogs on different European and Chinese social media platforms made it possible for the public to reminisce on a great day.
• Over 5000 visitors in 10 hours!
• 1.3 million Chinese views of the livestream by the Chinese influencers
• More than a million people reached by the vlogs of the Chinese influencers on YouTube, Instagram, Weibo, BiliBili and Douyin/TikTok.
• Presence of international press which led to extensive media. coverage: China Daily, Xinhua, RTBF, Euractiv, EU Reporter, etc.
• Extensive promotion for the more than 50 organisations contributing to the event.
• Networking of high-level figures during the official reception.